Roses Are Red

Roses and mint were definitely the major themes for my Kentucky Derby party!

 Mint trailed over a glass of water on the bar for drinks and two mint plants found a temporary home in a pair of glasses on the buffet. One has since moved out and the other is stretching his roots in a container on my patio!


 I made radish rosettes and strawberry roses. I purchased silk red roses for the porch and arranged shiny red fabric in my trifle bowl to resemble a rose for my buffet.



Have I expressed lately how much I love my expanding red formica and chrome dining table? Where would my parties be without it?

It was a delightful afternoon with mint julep spritzers and a few friends experiencing the most exciting two minutes of sports. Did I mention I picked the winner? How could I not with a name like I'll Have Another?

Comments

Popular Posts