Steak And Mushroom Gravy

I'm not sure I ever posted the recipe for the Christmas Eve Steak. I have since removed all traces of gluten from the recipe and so it needs to be reposted anyhow!

This is the tastiest gravy for steak. I just enjoyed it tonight with cube steak. This is a lonely girl serving.

1 Tbsp coconut oil
2 oz sliced mushrooms (or as many as I have on hand!)
1 clove garlic, pressed

1 steak of your choice
1/8 tsp garlic salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 tsp olive oil

1 tsp arrowroot powder
1/4 C beef broth
1/8 C red wine (or I found 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar as an excellent substitute when I was Whole30)
dash of salt and pepper to taste

1. Turn oven on to warm.
2. In a skillet, melt coconut oil over medium heat.
3. Add mushrooms and garlic and saute until browned. Remove from heat.
4. Meanwhile, season steak with garlic salt and pepper.
5. Heat olive oil in pan still over medium heat. Cook steak 5-6 minutes per side or almost to desired doneness is achieved (I'm a well done girl and it will continue to cook as you finish the gravy).
6. Place steak in warm oven.
7. Add arrowroot powder to pan. Mix with oil until slightly browned.
8. Gradually add broth and whisk until smooth.
9. Add wine. Salt & pepper to taste.
10. Return mushrooms to sauce and heat through.
11. Remove steak from oven and top with mushroom gravy.

Good enough for Christmas Eve Dinner or a Monday night cube steak. Yum!

Comments

Popular Posts