Tending the Garden

So in my selfless way, last weekend I helped my mother weed her garden and stole a whole lot of plants from her! As expected this last week was a whirlwind of abstract busyness.

So after staying out late after work last night at a client event and the big Soho party downtown, I did what any respectable plant thief would do and slept in. I slept like a criminal who knew she had made it across state lines and was safe from scrutiny of unexpected plantlife in the back of her SUV.

After a lazy start and creative cooking considering the empty fridge, I started throwing some of those plants in the ground. I found a little corner in an existing front flower bed for one of the groups of phlox. Hopefully a sunny spot for a few phlox to thrive.

A few more were nestled in between new perennials in the back flower bed. Then I prepared two planters for the tall grasses and a couple impatiens each. The begonias became beautiful hanging baskets, and the rest of the impatiens snuggled in a long planter on the front stoop.

Tomorrow I have the task left of finding homes for about a hundred iris bulbs, digging out a shade flower garden, and mulching. Hopefully I'll snap a good picture or two of my handiwork!

Perhaps this gardener needs to start earlier tomorrow! I'm already at an advantage with a stocked fridge and the weekend alarm set.

Comments

  1. When are you coming to LaCrosse? I'd take some iris bulbs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they are ALL planted believe it or not!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts