Follow Me on Pinterest Instagram

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Vacation: Day 4

I had nothing planned for today, so I thoroughly enjoyed sleeping in. Yesterday's pool afternoon, wine, and cheese really wore me out! Vacationing is tough business!

The spark of motivation to get me going this morning was a walk in Perot Park. It wouldn't be a Trempealeau vacation without one woodsy adventure! Usually I stay at a friend's right off the river, so it takes me a good twenty minutes just to get to the park. This year I'm at the folks' out of town ranch, so I drove to the park.

That allowed me to walk farther into the park than I usually do. When I surfaced from the riverfront I was crazy close to my favorite spot in the park, so I pressed on. I was so glad I did. The only thing that would have made it better would be a sunset over my favorite spot in the park. Maybe tomorrow!
After recovering from the hike, I was off to see the shopping sites of La Crosse and meet my folks for pizza. They agreed to try someplace new so I could get a gluten free pizza. It was a delightful margarita pizza. The atmosphere was lovely and I'd love to return to sample more of their gluten free pizza options.

I'm still living it up in Wisconsin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...