Beautiful Night, Everyone's Polite

I began my morning by attempting to get my press pass from the state fair. I quickly gave up when I saw the gate I knew to get me close to the media office locked up. See I had gotten lost in the state fair on Tuesday morning when I had planned to get my press pass. After I finally found the damn office, their computer was down and they sent me packing. I found the quickest way out and made a mental note of how to get back in. A lot of good that did me this morning with the locked gate.

So a little later in the day... actually very late in the afternoon as my lunch was severely delayed. My blood sugar was low low low. I hit up the closest food source for a chicken salad that I practically inhaled. And as my brain began to function again, I remembered I had to pick up a few things. It occurred to me I could drop them at home then try the impenetrable state fair again.

More frustration. Needless to say I did not get my press pass. It may be that I won't be state fairing this year. We will see about that. So with my state fair frustration level at an all time high, I fought the out-of-town traffic all the way home. I stepped on the gas a little each time I saw a stupid fair goer trying to cross the street in front of me. Didn't they know I just wanted to get home? I even cursed out an emergency vehicle after I had pulled off the road and it turned off the sirens and turned down a side street.

I obviously needed a little down time. I opened all the windows wide and let the glorious breeze sweep through the house. I heated up my leftover grilled brat (almost like eating fair food) and Peanut and I enjoyed a little porch time. It would have been absolutely perfect if it weren't for all the damn pedestrian and auto traffic on my street due to the damn fair.

A walk in the park. That is just what I needed. I locked up the house and put Peanut down for a nap and headed out the back door towards the park. It's been awhile since I've enjoyed a walk in the park. It has really dried up since then! It was a long walk in the park. Meaning that I was so slow. Similar to the feeling of walking through water. But I really enjoyed the lovely weather and a little time out in nature. Even if I could still hear the damn state fair noise.

Comments

Popular Posts