Practically Thanksgiving

I cleaned this weekend like I am actually hosting the turkey festivities at my house. From top to bottom. Spilling bacon grease all over my kitchen this morning was a great motivator to get that ball rolling.

I started with a little vacuuming before getting down on my hands and knees to scrub the kitchen floor. And at that distance you can actually see the dirt, grime, and dust collecting under the stove and behind the fridge. So I pulled them out and cleaned behind both. I broke out the Greased Lightening to tackle the stove grime, which led me to clean all the Coca Cola stuff and things that just sit on a shelf collecting grease and dust. Everything is degreased and sparkly clean!

Then I remembered I usually wash the windows and curtains in sync with daylight savings time. And so all the curtains came down and took turns dancing in the washing machine while I wiped away the summer's dust from my windows. The sparkly windows let in so much light I was excited to get the fresh curtains back up. I just have ironing to do on the kitchen curtains otherwise everything is back in place.

It even smells clean in here. I wish it would stay this way indefinitely! I hope it stays this way at least through the holiday weekend. Because after Thanksgiving I'm going to be good and ready to begin decking the halls for Christmas!

But in the meantime, I'm enjoying a glass of wine and a little Home for the Holidays. *sigh* I can hardly wait for turkey day.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts