Long Day, Easy Dinner

It was a long work day in only eight hours. We're seriously understaffed again. Will this ever change? It's getting really old.

Despite the crapiness that is Monday at work, my mood was good. A lot of the crap is out of my control and that helps. I can laugh about some of it and I'm losing my attachment to caring about the rest. Luckily I still care about what I can control and that's what I try to focus on.

By five I was really looking forward to cooking. On Sunday I plotted out a menu for the week to help with unmotivated evenings. Tonight was Spaghetti squash with tomato meat sauce. I can't get myself to like the meat ruining my sauce, but I know the protein is good for me.

And it was still a light enough dinner that I had room for my new favorite avocado and banana dairy free chocolate mousse. Yummy! It almost makes up for the fact that my new retro popcorn popper was delivered today and I can't test it out until mid February. Day 8, baby!

Comments

Popular Posts