Average Everyday Wednesday

It was a very long day of travel as I drove through 60 mile per hour winds on I-39 and quarter size hail... or so they said on the weather alerts. It was definitely windy and haily and very, very dark. And it rained most of the way. At about hour four and a half, a deep, deep crabbiness set in. I kept catching myself scowling. But then again, who wouldn't after four and a half hours of crapshitty weather with two more craptastic hours to go?

I was relieved when I was able to sink into my hotel comfy chair with a cocktail. A little rehearsal tonight and grocery shopping and I'm ready to call it a night. I have a big day tomorrow! I have appointments and to do's for my return to Springfield and topped off with a staged reading of excerpts from the Widows of Whitechapel as part of the events planned for Crime Victims' Rights week. Every now and then I get to do something I'm proud of.

And so here I sit in my hotel room...practicing, reflecting on purpose, watching the new VH1 Off Pitch episode of fellow Wisconsinites online, and wanting to rearrange the hotel room furniture. Just your average everyday Wednesday evening around these parts.

Comments

Popular Posts