Unsettled Settling

Everything has been up in the air and it seems I haven't been keeping up with it all! In March I made the decision to move back to Wisconsin and spent a week packing up the house.

I packed a truck load (actually my personal master packnician-my dad-packed the truck. I was just manual labor) and headed to Wisconsin in time to audition for the final show of the community theatre season.

I spent that first week painting my new digs and finding places for the things I had brought by displacing my parents' things. I repayed them by organizing their closets although I'm not sure if they enjoyed that as much as I did. I still have plenty of work to do in the deep dark depths of their closets, but all my stuff is squeezed in.

I spent a little time babysitting for the nieces and visiting with my sister and did not get cast in the big show. Probably for the best. I have plenty of things to do around here! And I'm still planning to return to Springfield for a staged reading of the show I was in last fall. It's coming up fast and I'm really looking forward to it!

So I traveled back to Springfield at the end of the month for the final move. I was so lucky to have the help of my folks and a few friends who volunteered their Saturday morning to help me clear out the house. I visited with a few more friends at a local establishment and said my goodbyes (shockingly there were even a few hugs). 

My Mother pictured in front of my dad's packing handiwork.
And here I am back in the land of snow and cold...even though it's supposed to be Spring. I'm taking it easy while looking for a local job, but I've got creative energy that needs to be directed towards something productive. So this is where I've come to...settling in and feeling unsettled at the same time.

Comments

  1. Hopefully you got some of your creative juices flowing with the quick chair cover for Magoo. It looks lovely. You're lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts