All of a sudden I'm feeling inspired! Which means my mind is coming up with projects faster than I can complete them. I'm thinking it should be the new normal because I can jump in with a secondary project during in between stages on the first...like when waiting for paint to dry.
Today I finally attempted to drill out my milk glass treasures in preparation for lamp kits. The glass and tile drill bit was not doing the trick and so after a supply run in the city I was well on my way to lamp making professional with a diamond core drill bit. I'm so proud of that hole in the bottom for the cord! This lamp has been reassembled and is currently in the primary stages of painting. I cannot wait for the final reveal!
While my primer was drying, I began to disassemble Blondy's boudoir chair. It's in rough shape after a previous reupholstery attempt. I discovered a few key pieces missing inside, but was also pleased to discover the original fabric left under the new fabric on the seat and also button holes on the back piece of foam. There is going to be lovely detail on the finished piece!
I performed quite the sanding number on the frame due to a drippy paint job and then finished it off with a TSP cleaner to take care of any glossiness leftover. The frame is sturdy, but I needed wood filler to patch holes from rogue staples. The fun with this chair is figuring out how it is supposed to go back together, and by jove, I think I've got it!
I disassembled the seat upholstery and began cutting out new fabric using the old as a template. I can't wait to work out all the pieces and start the assembly process. I will be able to handle that between coats of paint tomorrow on the chair and my lamp.
At the end of the evening I even began a third project...another chair. But it needs serious attention to loose joints. Maybe I can squeeze that into the rest of the pile up tomorrow!