Follow Me on Pinterest Instagram

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Super Cute Dresses

After reading several posts about making pillowcase dresses, I decided to give it a whirl with the guidance from this post:

I measured the two little girls from neck to knee and cut the pillowcases that length. I had read one post that suggested a 6" deep J shape for the arm for a 4 year old, so I added two more inches for the 6 year old and they were just right.

I wish I had purchased the wide bias tape, but never having used it before I just didn't know what I was getting into. It was tricky to hold and pin because it was so small. It looks okay in the end. I just hope it holds up.

The ruffle was trickier than I would have liked. I made three attempts on the first dress before coming up with a plan to make it work. This was my first ruffle rodeo. The second dress ruffle went more smoothly, but I'm still not a fan of sewing them!

As an afterthought today I added the girls' initials to the front using the bias tape. All in all I think they turned out super cute. Hopefully I can get a picture of them in the dresses eventually to share.

1 comment:

  1. I'll get the dresses and the girls washed up and photo-ready. :)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...