I forgot to share this sassy musical table because a friend saw it in progress and snatched it up right away!
I took a small wood table from the Restore in La Crosse and dressed it up with a glossy black finish on the bottom and cream on the top. Then I recruited musical friends to dig up a pile of unused sheet music for me. I ripped the pages across, separating each line of the page. Then I separated a few of them down further into single, double, or triple measures.
Starting in the middle, I used a decoupage to adhere the smallest pieces, working my way to the outer edge in a circular pattern and using bigger pieces as I went. When it was all said and done, I used a clear coat polyacrylic to protect the top surface from damage. I think she turned out lovely. I hope she is happy in her new home and will be around for years to come.