Aubergine Art

In my excitement to start working on this chair, I forgot to take a before picture. I do that so often! So you have to imagine the before picture with dirtier wood and a dirty, blue vinyl seat. Yuck! 

When I saw it for sale, I was drawn in by it's modern clean lines. It really appeals to my aesthetic. I started this project shopping for an artsy fabric to match the bold style of the chair. I think I found a winner! The very next day I stopped by the home store to pick up a couple cans of aubergine spray paint.

That night I recovered the seat in less than a half hour and the next day the frame got cleaned and painted. I think she's absolutely beautiful! I really struggled with the decision to spray paint because the original wood was once so beautiful. So I'm really happy that the diamond pattern still comes through on the finished painted chair. 

I can see her living at a desk, in a craft or sewing room, or as a classy spot to pile clothes in the bedroom. I can't wait for someone to love it as much as I did for a brief time.

[This chair SOLD at Thrifty Pickin's.]

Comments

Popular Posts