Super Cool Chair

I'm really excited about this little guy. I picked it up from a pole shed in the middle of nowhere for practically nothing. It was REALLY dirty, so it needed a little wipe down before I could even begin working on it.

After removing the back and seat and cutting new fabric, I set them aside to work on the frame. It had spots that I removed with the help of a little steel wool. Once I had it cleaned up the best I could, I used a chrome polish to make it shine. I love shiny chrome!

I attached the fabric to the seat and the seat to the frame. I pinned the back pieces together and set aside for an early morning sewing project.

This morning I had no problems sewing the pieces together and sliding it back over the back rest. Luckily the fabric has a little stretch, so it was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. A line of staples along the bottom seam and the back was ready to be reattached.

This was a steal of a makeover project, financially and time wise, and I would assume I'll see a good return on my investment. But it's taking all of my willpower not to keep this beauty for myself!

This chair is available for purchase at Thrifty Pickin's.

Comments

Popular Posts