A Thanksgiving Recipe

I prepared Thanksgiving dinner yesterday for our family holiday celebration today. In the interest of less stress and more time to enjoy being with the family, I opted not to try a gluten-free stuffing for the big meal. I just mixed up the regular stuffing for the rest of the folks and I enjoyed the rest of the meal.

But stuffing used to be one of my favorite holiday staples, so I've been wanting to try out a recipe for some time now. So in the wake of the mass family exodus, I settled into my kitchen apron to whip something up. I had leftover gluten-free dinner rolls from a previous family gathering that I cubed and baked in the oven with light seasonings until dried out. Then I stashed them away in a plastic bag. So, using those, here is what I came up with.  

GLUTEN-FREE STUFFING (4 small servings)...


2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2C celery, chopped
1/2 tsp minced garlic
2C gluten-free dried bread cubes
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp sage
1/2C gluten-free chicken broth
1/2C sliced water chestnuts
salt & pepper

1. Heat oil in saute pan over medium heat, add celery and cook about 5 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. Add garlic.

2. Add bread and seasonings and stir to combine. Add broth, stir to coat bread. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for a few minutes until liquid is absorbed and bread is soft. You could add more broth depending on your personal preference for moisture.

3. Stir in water chestnuts and heat through. Salt and pepper to taste.

This hit the spot for me this Thanksgiving!

Comments

Popular Posts