I Like Pizza

I'm off on another Whole30 adventure while I busy myself with rehearsals every night.  Which can only mean one thing.... I'm craving pizza.  Can't get enough of it. I usually have individual sized bags of pizza soup in the freezer that will hit the spot, or I whip up a pizza salad in the summer, but I also like these pizza burgers that for some reason I've never posted.

I pretty much use the same seasonings as my pizza sauce but mix in a few pizza ingredients. You could definitely mix it up for your tastes, but here it is.

Like my retro dinnerware? 
PIZZA BURGER
20oz ground turkey or beef
40 slices turkey pepperoni or regular pepperoni
1C green peppers, chopped fine
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp salt

1. Mix to combine ingredients.
2. I used about a half cup meat per patty and formed into 7 patties.
3. Cook according to preference, at least 160 degrees for safety.

NOTE: The regular pepperoni will produce a lot more grease as these cook. I use a grill pan that drains all that away from my meat.

I actually froze individual patties between layers of wax paper in freezer safe plastic bags for quick meals throughout the week. (Thank goodness! Is it ridiculous how many pizza recipes I have?) Enjoy!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts