Theatre Busyness

Well, what the heck? It appears I've been pretty busy lately! As the weather turned colder, I moved my workshop indoors and have seriously stalled out on my projects since becoming involved with La Crosse Community Theatre's Playhouse ON The Air Presents: Miracle on 34th Street. 

I was lucky enough to be cast alongside my sister for our first chance to share the stage in so long that neither one of us quite remembers how long it has been (a sure sign it was a really long time ago). The local newspaper even interviewed us both for the article on the show (which I can guarantee hasn't happened in over 15 years). In proper fashion, they got the facts wrong where I was concerned and misquoted my sister. Luckily the folks still turned up for each performance. We had several sell out audiences and were told it was one of the highest attended shows in the theatre's history. It was truly a wonderful experience. I had great fun creating ten different characters and hanging out with my sister every night.
My sis and me pre-show.
I've never seen such big, shiny balls!
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night! I will really miss the folks involved with this show. However, I'm excited to dive into rehearsals for...
...And Then They Came For Me: Remembering the World of Anne Frank at Appleseed Community Theatre. I was cast in a very small role in this show while I was still working on Miracle and have only attended a few, short rehearsals in La Crescent. After the holidaze is over, it will be time to get serious with this piece. We need to be memorized so we can begin working with the multi-media well before our opening January 24th.

In the meantime I've accepted a position working in the sales department at a hotel and am busy learning a new industry. I think this will be an excellent fit for me and I'm excited to pick up the pace. I'm told that will happen after the holidays...probably just in time for the next show's tech week. I'm not seeing a slow down in my future quite yet.

Comments

  1. I've been a blogger-slacker too. It was fun playing with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts