Research

Early on in the rehearsal process we were advised to study children in our attempt to portray 8 year olds in A Charlie Brown Christmas. Not being around kids very often, I decided instead to load up my Netflix queue with Charlie Brown videos. 

This way I could study how cartoon eight year olds interacted. I'm not sure I've learned anything, but tonight was entertaining anyhow. 

I watched You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown (with wine).  It features a couple songs we'll be performing so that was fun to watch. And now I think we all need baseball bats for Team, but I digress. 

Tonight I enjoyed Snoopy's song Supper Time the most. It reminded me so much of my little Peanut. He always enjoyed a good supper time. I imagine if Peanut could have sung, he would have serenaded me with Supper Time every evening. 





I'm counting on that joyful memory to get me through. We open in just over a week and I fear it may get worse before it gets better. Hang onto your hats, folks! 

Comments

Popular Posts