Chicken Veggie Soup Recipe

After a week of vacation eating in Hayward, I needed a reset. My go to is this Chicken Veggie Soup that has a good variety of vegetables, protein, and is super delicious! 

The only problem is that I search all over for my recipe every time I go to make the soup and although I've mentioned it several times on this blog, I'm not sure it has ever been posted.

So here it is!




Chicken Veggie Soup

1Tbsp olive oil
4 carrots, sliced
4 stalks celery, sliced
2 C cabbage, chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
1 pound boneless chicken thighs
1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes
2 32oz boxes reduced sodium chicken broth (no gluten, no sugar/soy to make it Whole30)
3 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2-1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp oregano
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped


In a large stock pot, saute the carrots, celery, and cabbage in olive oil over medium heat until tender, 8-10 minutes, stir occasionally.

Add minced garlic and stir in.

Position chicken thighs along the bottom of the pan to brown. Cook a few minutes per side.

Add diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and seasonings (except fresh parsley).

Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.

Remove chicken thighs from the soup, chop, and return to stock pot.

Simmer another 30 minutes. Then stir in fresh parsley.


Hope you enjoy!



Comments

Popular Posts