Bowling Rock Star

I apparently am a bowling rock star! Last night at bowling league, you wouldn't have been able to tell by my first game. It was a low average score for me of 112. The next game was even worse at 90. I'm not sure exactly what happened next. It might have been that I had ingested the right amount of bowling juice, or that I had finally warmed up, or that I had finally woken up, but it was stellar. My first throw of the third game was a gutter ball. I knew I had to do something. The next ball was a spare and the following three balls were strikes (what we like to call a turkey)! It went a little down hill after that, but I pulled it through with a 168--a personal high for me! Even better was the fact that I beat the resident bowling rock star on my team, so he owed me a shot! We reconvened at the Bodega for my celebratory shot and a few more celebratory drinks. We enjoyed a "conversation" evening at the Bodega (sorry you weren't there for this one Sherman) and although all very important, I can't quite remember what world problems may have been solved. Maybe next time.

Comments

Popular Posts