Blondy's Birthday Bash

This weekend was dedicated to my friend, Blondy's, 30th birthday celebration. She partied it up on Saturday and I was able to join her in the evening. As soon as I got there I was in a forced game of "catch up," so I didn't last that long. I had to abandon her in favor of a nap. She ended up staying out until bar time, which was at least 12 hours after the beginning of the pre-birthday event. Whether or not she broke her nose by running into the door frame that night has yet to be determined.

For her actual birthday, yesterday, we did our traditional Freighthouse dinner. Blondy and I had our traditional filet teriyaki and I added on the shrimp. These delectable little carcasses were swimming in a pool of buttery wine sauce! How much more fabulousness can a gal stand?

With the passing of this dinner, I feel a little sadness that my birthday isn't until the fall. We may have to do a mid-birthday season dinner date just to tide us over! I do go on more dates with Blondy than boys. We finished off the evening recovering from dinner while sipping drinks at a few local establishments. Overall a quiet end to the birthday celebratory weekend, but pleasant.

Happy thirtieth, Blondy. Here's to many more!

Comments

Popular Posts