Winter Weather

You know, I've let this one slide for too long now. We have got to be having the worst winter weather of my lifetime. Over the last ten to twenty years I've looked fondly back on having snow for Xmas and playing in mounds of snow all winter long. At times I questioned whether I imagined it being snowier because I was just a kid and much shorter. When the snow banks were three feet high they must have seemed like mountains, but I can assure you that I have snow banks at the end of my driveway that are higher than I stand tall. As I was driving down my street yesterday, I noticed how most of the mailboxes had been shoveled out, but there were a few that were peering out from snow banks, almost completely entombed. I practically gave up on my hedges months ago after the snow falling from the roof buried them alive. It was just too deep and too heavy for me to remove. Now the drifts over my hedges are as tall as me as well. I'll be surprised if they survive this winter. And the snow is only the half of it! The bitterly coldness that befalls us every other week is really taking its toll on my mental well being. With temperatures expected to dip below zero again in the next couple of days and wind chills well below that, I've got to say that I'm officially ready for a vacation. 4 days, 22 hours, and 58 minutes to go.

Comments

Popular Posts