I Would Walk 500 Miles

Apparently. Last night I got the walking bug. I thought I should spend some time on my elliptical machine, but wasn't really feeling it. I decided Peanut would much rather get a twenty-minute walk, so we did that. When I returned home and after Peanut had enjoyed his post-walk snack, the thought occurred to me that I couldn't just sit around the house. I put my shoes back on and headed back outside. It was a beautiful evening for walking and I got to view many new landscapes I usually don't get to when Peanut is towing behind me. I thought I did a pretty long walk around the village and was surprised to have only spent another half hour out. I had a movie waiting for me at home, so I popped in The Darjeeling Limited and decided I should have popcorn for the movie. I checked my bike in the basement and the tires were flat, so I headed back out to walk to the store. I figured since I had surveyed all of the village in a half-hour, the walk to the store would be much faster. It was not. I was out another half hour. There was a damp chill setting in by the time I rounded the bend back onto my block. By that time, I was ready to kick up my heels and just sit around the house. Whew. How did my 80-year-old grandpa walk eleven miles a day? Just plain craziness.

Comments

Popular Posts