Collaborative Weekend

Due to a collaborative effort, I got a lot accomplished this weekend! Saturday I spent doing yard work. I got the hedges trimmed and my neighbor came over to trim my low-hanging tree branches. I did some putsy yard work including picking up sticks, weeding, and planting. I was pretty tired by the time evening rolled around. Then a friend came over to pull out my clothesline posts for me and treat me to dinner and drinks! How lucky am I? Sunday started early with a few inside chores including giving Peanut a bath. He must have known he was a smelly little boy, because he hardly resisted when I pulled him down the hall and pushed him into the bathroom. My little Peanut amazed me when he nosed up to the tub and hopped in all on his own! Then my parents treated me to breakfast and some shopping. By the time we were perusing the shrubs at Shopko, the sky had clouded over and before we knew it, Mom and I were waiting out a rain storm in the garden tent. As I loaded shrubs into the truck it continued to sprinkle on us and when I pulled into my driveway to unload, it began pouring again. So it continued throughout the night as I alternately ran inside for shelter and then ventured out again to walk my dog, unload the shrubs and pull them to the back yard to set them up, watch a movie with mom, and make diner for the folks. This morning I peered out my back bedroom window to look at the proud shrubs standing tall along the back of my property line. They make me so happy! Now I just have to get them planted.

Comments

Popular Posts