Not My Cup Of Fluids

So, I arrived at the plasma donation center bright and a few minutes late around six this morning. They handed me a binder of information to read and I thought, "Are you kidding me? I can't read and comprehend at six am with no caffeine in my system!" All of my initial tests went well and they put together my file and sent me back out to do electronic questions. After completing those, I went to meet with a nurse lady who asked me more questions. She seemed to ask way too many questions about my allergies and got very worked up about my sore foot. Who knows. After even more questions, a physical, and a snack, I was hitting the floor to find my relaxing donation chair. I pulled myself up onto the chaise-type lounger at about 7:30. The first three ladies who tried to find my veins made funny faces and went in search of the next lady to pass me off on. The third assured me that if I waited patiently for a few minutes "the professional" would come over to stick me. He did in fact stick me, but to no avail. The right arm was just painful and the left arm only squirted out a little of my blood. His eyes started scanning the room and I knew he was looking for someone else to take over. Around 8:30, finally a lady came and stuck my right arm again and after some prodding and poking with her needle, was able to get a vial of blood for testing. That means if I go back to donate, I won't need to do the physical all over again. What a relief! I was thinking that was the worst part! If they could just pay me to do the physical over and over again, I would be a happy camper. Honestly, I have fluids to give if they could just extract them from me!

Comments

Popular Posts