An Unfortunate Setback

Wednesday night I had a headache come to visit and settle in for an extended vacation. I woke up Thursday with the same evil pain crushing my head. I called in sick and spent half the day sleeping and the other half in a dark room watching movies. Thursday was supposed to be the evening to plant the other half of my shrubs. The overcast skies taunted me with the possibility of rain, but never produced any. I kept thinking that if it would just rain, I would feel less guilty about my inability to finish my shrub-planting job.

Now of course today I have a half day of work, but it may very well be raining. I do still have some remnants of a headache left, so it makes me concerned to over exert myself out in the yard, but I may have to power through the pain to save my plants from a meltdown in this heat. I've agreed to go to the La Crosse Community Theatre Patron Gala tonight, so I hope to keep my head relatively pain free. It usually makes an evening out so much more enjoyable without the pain. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Comments

Popular Posts