A Whirlwind Weekend

After a Saturday of painting at my house, I spent the evening relaxing in the backyard on my new patio over red wine, pleasant conversation, and the buzz of the races. I quickly curtailed a spur of the moment clothes line removal, but am now motivated to tackle that project by the light of the sun.

I arrived at my parent's home on Sunday to my sibling's families playing in the backyard. As I understand it, my nephew came a long way in his frisbee playing skills and I have full faith he will be a professional by my Fourth of July picnic. I pulled a few weeds in my mother's flower beds and then relinquished my resolve under the heat of the midday sun.

We spent the afternoon cooling off indoors and then enjoyed a late lunch together before my brother's family packed up and headed back toward the hills. I learned over the weekend that my sore foot may in fact be a stress fracture and I'm considering a doctor visit. I hate to spend the money on a visit if it turns out to be nothing. Oh the torture of having to spend money on useless things like doctors.

Anyhoo, by sundown on Sunday, I was ready to put up my sore feet and watch a movie. Peanut was too exhausted to stay up for the movie and had to go to bed early.

Comments

Popular Posts