Tech Week

Nothing sends a chill down a theatre gal's spine like those words. If I were in the show this year, I may be thinking, "When are they going to memorize their lines? Why aren't they off book yet?" Luckily this year I won't be standing on stage relying on others to spit those lines out correctly. This year, my biggest concern is Cornish hens.

Can I really carve Cornish hens out of foam? How long will it take? When will I have time to buy the foam and what about carving them? Maybe the sock idea is the way to go. Stuff some socks, paint 'em up golden brown and be done with it. There is also a paper mache plan, but how do I make it? Will the birds look lumpy? I have exactly four evenings to figure it out.

Last night after rehearsal, I threw myself into my work by heading out to the bar to visit Blondy. I finished off a bottle of Jack Daniels and one of Jim Beam (with the help of one other theatre-friendly fellow) just so we could have the bottles for props. Today I'm calling around looking for unmarked shopping bags. I've bypassed the retail establishments now and gone right to the source. I have an email in to Schilling Paper company and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they have what I'm looking for and will be willing to donate them. This is what tech week is all about.... tying up loose ends...and probably a lot more drinking.

Comments

Popular Posts