Takin' Stock

Of what I have and what I haven't. What do I find? A healthy balance on the credit side.*  I am lucky to have found work once again wielding a paint brush at my friend's house. This will be the final room to be painted on their second floor. I still have some trim work to do elsewhere, but this has to be the biggest project left. It will, no doubt, keep me occupied for a few days. Girlie weekend has finally arrived, which unfortunately has turned into girlie day considering we will probably be spending 24 hours or less in the woods. I am still looking forward to cooking over a campfire and snuggling up in a sleeping bag. I haven't been camping in a very, very long time. Maybe next time we can try two nights in the woods. Soon it will be birthday time. It seems that at this time of year, I tend to sort out my life into a "keep" and a "donate" pile. Like my Goodwill clothing donations, sometimes there are things that you need to let go of. I believe this year I may find a lot of things I have outgrown. The best thing about shedding the old and worn out is picking the new things that fit you better or you can grow into. All in all, I've got no diamonds, got no pearls...still I think I'm a lucky girl. I got the sun in the morning and the moon at night.*

*Annie Get Your Gun

Comments

  1. Thinking of you and the girlie weekend. Wish I was there! Make sure to leave some good stories and quotes in the travel journal.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts