Times Are A Changin'

I travelled to Tremp City to attend an Election Night Campfire tonight. I was treated to a delicious dinner by my friends and after a little political talk, tuned into the television to view the very first returns from the polls from across the United States. As we headed out to the campfire, the conversation, of course, was political. And so was the case for most of the night. My NPR friends had a radio humming at low tones in the background all night long and at one point we heard the voice of McCain. We turned up the radio to hear the concession speech from the presidential candidate and with excitement, I ran inside to grab a bottle of champagne and glasses. At the end of the speech, we toasted to the Democratic Party and to our futures. When Barama (as I like to call him) finally came over the radio waves, we quieted again to hear the voice of our future. His voice glided over our crackling fire as if it was always meant to be. With great joy, I will never forget our first fireside chat from our President of Change.

Comments

Popular Posts