I Did It!

I finally went through my filing cabinet! For all those of you who would like to tackle the project yourselves, may I suggest sorting a drawer each weekend for a month? I had three filing drawers packed so tightly with files of things I may need again that I couldn't even squeeze new things in. How helpful is that? I'll tell you one thing, it makes it harder to find the stuff you do need! After putting my little paper shredder to work for an entire day, I was left with six kitchen trash bags full of shredded junk. I also had a good half-bag of the paper lying around my desk and throughout the house that had to be vacuumed. When it was all said and done, I went from three packed drawers to two comfortably roomy drawers of folders. I'm so glad it is over, but it would have been much more manageable to tackle one drawer at a time. I also got a new to-do from the experience. I decided the poor shredder probably needed to be oiled, so I looked up the manual (now easily accessible) and realized I should be oiling my shredder each month. Just what I needed...another task on my list! If you're interested, here is the information I went by when determining what to keep: http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/pf/20060215b1.asp

Comments

Popular Posts