The Laws of Spirit

I went to my bookshelf to find a book and my eyes landed on Dan Millman's "The Laws of Spirit." I couldn't remember if I had read it before, but thought it might do me some good at this point in my life even if I had. I breezed through the book's parable form in an evening. Even before landing on the title page, I stumbled upon this note:
There is a Mystery that many call God,
Manifesting as Universal Love,
a set of Laws,
and a Great Process.
that Process works through
each and all of us
and that Process is perfect.
As we discover this fundamental truth
in the journey of our lives,
we find that wherever we step,
the path appears beneath our feet.
This tells me that each of us has it within ourselves to do exactly the right thing at any given moment. Reassuring, no? I thought so. The one sentence that jumped out from the pages at me and caused me to dog-ear the page was this: "...the more loving-kindness you give to yourself, the more you can give to others." Isn't it about time that actually sank in? I think so. P.S. I've updated my new favorite recipe. Enjoy.

Comments

Popular Posts