Tremplo Travels

I travelled to Durand last Friday to attend an annual Tremplo Gang Get Together. I spent an afternoon elbow deep in crafty projects and baking (see my new favorite recipe) to prepare for the Saturday gathering. I have to admit it was the most enjoyable part of the whole weekend! Saturday left us getting food ready and receiving news of two bailouts from our gang. Unfortunately a member of our gang had been knocked out by the flu and another by an unexpected move. The three remaining gangsters did our best to whoop it up on our own, however we were watching a movie and half asleep before midnight. Sunday we revived an age-old Durand tradition of going out for breakfast. Usually one of my favorite parts of an overnight stay, this one was cut short by a sick boy. Back at the ranch, I packed up my belongings as my friend cleaned up her child. I hit the road early and arrived back in Tremp City by early afternoon. I extended my vacation slightly by enjoying a dinner with the folks and then a lengthy dice word game with my mother. It lasted so long, in fact, that I stayed over in Trempealeau. It wasn't until late Monday night that my Peanut and I finally rolled into West Salem to settle back into our warm home. I really feel as though I've had a mini-vacation. Now it's back to business!

Comments

Popular Posts