Arrived

I've arrived back home in Springfield. After a long, busy weekend in Wisconsin, it feels good to be home. We weren't able to bring as many things as I would have liked (the kitchen chairs got left behind), but I was amazed at what the Packing Wizard was able to fit in the tiny little trailer, truck, and car. The packing job even heralded praise from one helpful unloader. Everything is unloaded, but not unpacked. I'm heading back to work tomorrow and the Packing Wizard is going to apply his expertise to assembling the kitchen table, some storage shelves, and other miscellaneous projects around the house. I'm looking forward to a long weekend of unpacking with my favorite companion, Peanut. Last night I was sitting in the middle of my West Salem kitchen floor eating Chinese food out of the carton at midnight. Tonight I am a resident of Springfield. I'm so glad my dad is here to enjoy the new house. I'm back in the (dry) hotel until I can get my necessities over to the house. That will probably happen on Friday. I can't wait to finally be reunited with Peanut for good!

Comments

Popular Posts