What About Love?

I was a lucky girl to get two free tickets to see Heart with the Bangles on Saturday night at the fair. My Heart buddy ended up not being able to go, so I headed to the Coors tent where our stations had a set up to see if anybody there wanted a ticket. No dice. I did run into two people who were going, so I tagged along with them. Standing on the track located a few blocks from my house, staring up at Heart rock out What About Love, I really felt alone. I continued my weekend of solitude on Sunday. I had agreed to count gate money at the fair. I walked over and found out the other counter from our station had gotten sick and wouldn’t be there, so I counted the money by myself. Then I tooled around the fair. I finally picked up a corn dog and sampled some sweet potato fries before heading back to my house for a rest. After the second round of counting, I explored more of the fair. I finally made it to the Hobby, Arts, and Crafts building only to find out it had just closed to the public. I tried to find something worthy of my nieces and nephews, but again had no luck. Over the course of the fair, on my way to and from concerts and the beer tent, I did inadvertently see sheep, calves, a bull, horses, miniature horses, a monkey, rabbits, goats, and a sign for llama (I think they had moved out already). But best of all were the cows that like to chase me. A fair buddy assured me that their handlers had them under control and I was never in any real danger, but you never know with cows. By late afternoon on Sunday, my poor choice of footwear had worn me down. Although it was a beautiful day, it was hot walking around in the sun. I was ready to bid the fair a fond farewell. I think it really finally sank in that I can do whatever I want to do whether I have a buddy or not. I’m not sure if that developed from moving to a new place where I have to be okay being by myself or I’d never do anything or if it was just about time. It is kinda funny to think that someone who has pretty much been single her whole life has issues with doing things alone. It’s about time I got over that, I guess. Love on the other hand…I might need it some day.

Comments

Popular Posts