Blink Blink

I'm on the bus home from the Blink 182 rock show. We are still rocking out to high intensity drumming. It feels fitting considering that the best part of the show was Travis Barker's amazing drumming. I woulda dove for one of those drum sticks he threw out if only I was close enough. The vocals from Tom DeLonge were more than disappointing. Considering I never saw this band live until now, I'm not really sure what to think. Was it just because he was wasted? He did sound a little like the town drunk at karaoke night. That unique sound was complimented by some well-placed belching. Sweet. Is it just that he is getting older? The teen angst music they are known for does seem strange coming from these aged fellas. Or is it that he never could sing but they have awesome producers? It is a hard call. I do know that the music still rocks. As a matter of fact I was amazed at how well Tom DeLonge played guitar considering he couldn't even keep his eyes open most of the time. If he hadn't sung at all, it would have been a kick-ass concert. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. I think in the future, I'll listen to their music from the CDs I know will be awesome every time.

Comments

Popular Posts