Transition

The weather makes me want to go out and buy some pumpkins. I love fall. I just can't believe we're here already. I moved to Springfield at the end of April. Spring. Two seasons ago! The trees were full of pale green leaves and the flowering shrubs in front of the office still had empty branches. Somewhere over the last four months we also had summer, although I must have been too busy to notice. It probably didn't help that it was a mild summer here. On one of the hottest days of the year, the day of my housewarming party in early August, I sweated away trying to decorate my back yard at 10am. I had a conversation with my neighbors for the first time and they let me know that this was nothing when you're talking Springfield heat and humidity. So here we are with our toes in the chilly lake of fall. Not sure anymore if the water is warm enough to just dive in. Somehow it feels like my life is mimicking the seasons once again. What was the full passion for a canon ball just a few weeks ago has turned into the possibility for a boat ride. Maybe my desire for constant change is part of the reason I dig fall so much. There is nothing like transition. Everything else pales in comparison to the transitions that take place in the fall.

Comments

Popular Posts