Howling Winds & Crackling Fires

It appears that my backyard was spared from the blizzard that has been relentlessly dumping snow in Wisconsin. Last night it was rainy, but it seems we didn't get really icy either. This morning we were treated to flurries in the air and they have continued on and off throughout the day. I took this picture in my backyard when I went home for lunch. I don't think we'll get much more than this. That wind is vicious, though. It is making my car creek as I drive and it is howling through the chimney at home. I can't wait to curl up in the glow of my Christmas decorations tonight and watch a movie with Peanut. The weather makes me want to give that old fireplace a whirl too. Maybe I'll do that this weekend. If all goes well, I could have a crackling fire for my Xmas party next week!

Comments

Popular Posts