Sangchris Lake State Park Adventure

The beautiful weather today called me out on an IL Adventure. My sister-in-law motivated me to seek out a nearby state park, which I've looked into before, but never done anything about.

The closest was Sangchris Lake State Park. From what I could tell, it didn't come close to rivalling Perot Park, but it would be a lovely spot for a picnic. I did also see a nature trail that I was unprepared to venture down by myself. I'll have to plan on it another day. Today was mainly a reconnaissance mission.

In that mission I was successful. I found the lake after a little round about action. I stumbled across a little historic site and a magnificent children's playground and in the process drove by a lot of pretty houses. Speaking of which... I found my future plantation home. Just sayin'.

I also took it as a sign that I drove by the winery about five times. On my way back I stopped in for a bottle of red to go with my steak tonight. The bottle was over-priced, but I was delighted to find a wine bar. I think they also serve food. It will be worth checking out with a wine buddy.

Last but not least, my adventure ended, like so many others before it, at the antique mall. I found treasures left and right, but settled on two National Geographics I plan to deface for their intriguing Coca Cola ads, a glass juicer, and a painting for that one spot in my house that still needed something on the wall.

I'm happy. It was a great day. Now my thoughts turn to that wine, and a steak on the grill with a side of asparagus, and maybe movie night.

Comments

Popular Posts