Tor-nay-do, Tor-nah-do

Anyway you say it, the clouds were swirling over Springfield this evening. Looking forward to working this weekend, I actually planned to leave work on time today. But as the rest of my co-workers were heading out the door, I was concerned about getting caught in a storm on the way home.

At this point it wasn't even stormy, but we had been under tornado watches during the afternoon and had just been upgraded to a warning. As I waited out the warning I worked, but as the storm rolled in I got more nervous. I saved my work frequently!

The darkness came on all of a sudden and as I stood at our front doors, I watched the clouds swirl in. Yikes! I kept thinking about Peanut at home. The worst was the howling wind and driving rain. I don't think we even saw any hail. It took forever to roll in, but once it did, it seemed to dissipate quickly, thank goodness.

I finally braved the funnel clouds to head home...still early for me! It was raining, but luckily I encountered no flooding. The crazy thing is that the neighbor's yard looks like he got snow.

I'm glad to be home safe and sound enjoying movie night with Peanut.

Comments

Popular Posts