Holy Long Day Batman!

I'm so ready for a nap!
I had a hard time shutting down last night with a million things running through my head. I sent a reminder email off to myself and that seemed to help. But today I was dragging.
I started my day at the office at eight o'clock. I put out fires right and left and about eleven I finally got to the first thing on my to-do list for the day. Sigh.
I took a late, quick lunch to pick up a serpentine belt so my co-worker could replace it for me and save me some dough. It didn't work out, but I now have a spare serpentine belt in the car and was assured the existing belt is probably fine.
By five I was wrapping up the usual daily things. I spent the next hour and a half working on traffic logs that I normally would have to do on Friday. Then I moved on to organizing everything for the Rock the Dock festivities tomorrow.
I made a list of all the things I'll need to accomplish at work on Saturday to prepare for my vacation, packed up the Vue, and was heading home at eight thirty.
I used my two hours of free time to empty the dishwasher, prepare dinner (and three Italian Turkey meatloaves for the freezer), dye my hair, do laundry, and cut up leftover veggies for freezing.
Then I jetted off to the marina to tape off the parking lot (there are of course cars in our staging area a usual). The bike racks made for an easy job of it and soon we were sitting waiting for our deputy to show up to keep an eye on things for us.
By twelve thirty I pulled into my driveway. I had one last crafty project to accomplish tonight... wrapping and lettering boxes to hold the cotton candy cones. They look swell. I hope I spelled correctly in my delusional state. Then folding just two quick baskets of laundry. Finally I'm in bed and ready for my pre-Rock the Dock nap. Two oh five.
I can't wait to do it all over again tomorrow...times ten.

Comments

Popular Posts