Parmesan Cube Steak

I'm so glad I decided to prepare dinner tonight. So many times lately I've thought it too much of an effort. And it is, don't get me wrong. But once I get my hands wet it turns into something almost therapeutic.

Tonight I cut fresh basil and fresh oregano for a parmesan cube steak. Super tasty paired with sauteed garlic brussel sprouts and mushrooms. I'd definitely make this again.

2 1/4 tsp soy flour
1/8 tsp lite salt
Dash of pepper
1 egg
2 tsp water
2 1/2 Tbsp fine bread crumbs
2 1/2 Tbsp grated parmesan
1/2 tsp fresh basil, chopped
1 cube steak
2 tsp olive oil
5 Tbsp tomato sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Shredded mozzarella
Grated parmesan
Additional oregano

1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Mix flour, salt, and pepper in shallow bowl.
3. Mix egg and water in a second bowl.
4. Mix bread crumbs, parmesan, and basil in a third bowl.
5. Dip cube steak in flour mixture to coat each side, dip in egg to coat, then dip in bread mixture, pressing it into the steak.
6. Heat oil over medium-high heat in frying pan and cook steak 2-3 minutes per side.
7. Transfer to a greased bashing dish and bake 25 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 160°.
8. Meanwhile, mix together tomato sauce, sugar, oregano, and garlic powder. Pour sauce over steak and bake an additional 10 minutes.
9. Top with shredded mozzarella, parmesan, and additional oregano. (I popped it back in the oven for a few minutes while I finished the brussel sprouts-perfecto).

Tasty! I promise!

Comments

Popular Posts