Gold Star

After a long week of work already and a near car accident, I pulled it together tonight and was productive at home. I got the whole house in tip top shape. It always amazes me how sparkling sinks and faucets make me so happy. I really missed my calling as a 1950's housewife.

Peanut has not yet undergone the aforementioned spa day, but I did manage to finish the nail trim job I started over the weekend. Previously I got about two nails trimmed before he put up a fuss and walked away.... and I noticed one was bleeding... all over the carpet.

After cleaning up that mess I abandoned the idea of a bath. But between you and me, his time is running out on the respite. He is getting to be a stinky boy and we've got special holiday plans. He's got to be the prettiest puppy in the neighborhood when he visits Grandma and Grandpa.

The clock is ticking away towards the holiday and I can't wait for a break. But for now I'm just super excited that payday coincides with dollar beer day. That's my kinda gold star! A girl has to be thankful for that kinda joy in the universe.

Comments

Popular Posts