Deck The Halls!

I'm officially decked.

Bit by bit over the last week I spread holiday cheer throughout my home. I draped lighted greenery across the mantel and over the doorways and windows. I primped my pre-decorated tree and wreath. It's holding up for one more year at least!

I replaced regular old pictures with my favorites holiday ornaments, draped the table with my grandma's tablecloth, and filled everything sitting around with ornaments!

Today I stopped into the antique store to make the traditional holiday sweep for a 1970/71 Lefton Christmas tree-shaped dish. Alas today was not the day to find it, but I did practically stumble over two black and white enamel trays perfectly sized for my vanity. At two dollars a piece, I was pretty happy with my antiquing treasures.

It was a practically perfect weekend including little housework, lots of lounging, a movie night with Peanut, and even a fun karaoke station event. I didn't sing Deck The Halls, but a group effort Twist and Shout at bar time was definitely a high light of the weekend. I can't wait for the next karaoke night!

Comments

Popular Posts