Assimilating

Not so much.

After the worst sales conference ever and a few days to myself in Wisconsin, I'm not doing well on my first day back in the real world.

It didn't help that I ran out of stomach meds today. I usually take these in the morning and by 9 o'clock my stomach was churning with the stress of a million piles of paper turning into pure acid in my stomach. It's probably a bad sign to think about your next vacation the moment you get back. It just seems I'm not healing very well with the continued stress.

I had arrived home late last night and I needed time to unwind from all the caffeine I popped on the drive home. I unpacked, straightened my life, and crawled into bed about 1am. Not that I could let go to fall asleep right away. I'm hoping for a slight improvement tonight.

After a busy, busy, busy day, and a grey sky for my drive home all I wanted was to crawl into bed and pull the covers over my head until the Mayans come a knocking. But I had rehearsal. I feel as though it wasn't too long ago I was toting the healing properties of theatre. Well, my stomach wasn't having it tonight. I think rehearsal made things worse.

I'm finding solace in normal household activities tonight. Trying to get my house in order while semi-watching some action flick. Okay, it's Sherlock Holmes for a little cockney study. I just can't get sucked into action movies. It is always at the peak "action" moments I get bored and get up to change the laundry or take Peanut out. At least I'll be able to send the movie back tomorrow. It's almost like I watched it.

I think I need a good, non-cockney movie lined up for this weekend. I plan to lock myself away in the house all weekend. I really need to recover from vacation and recharge my batteries...maybe heal a little.  I did pick up stomach meds today and have gone back to the double dosing.

Considering tomorrow isn't Monday, and it isn't the Monday after a long absence from work, it's got to be better right? I'm hoping for better health, more focus, more talent, more efficiency, and better assimilation in the real world tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts