Freezing Over

Despite the warm weather in Springfield, I feel a chill down here.

As the end of the year approaches, my mind is turning to healthcare. I'm feeling like I need to bite the bullet and find some health care providers in this town. I had to create my accounts on insurance websites. Yeah. I've never done that. I had to search for doctors and dentists.

I struck out on finding a doctor. My search turned up no results in Springfield. How the hell can there be no doctors in my network in Springfield? I hate insurance. I sent a few informational requests online and gave up on that for now. (It's easy to give up quickly on something you'd prefer not to do in the first place). Did I mention how much I hate doctors?

I had better luck with Dentists. I found the practice in my list of providers that I had received a tip about and submitted a request for an appointment online. It's almost like it's really happening. It's been a long, long time since I've visited a dentist and I feel as though I'll be less excited about it when a date is set and I really have to go.

Is this what being an adult feels like? Making those doctor appointments because you know it is in your best interest? I don't like it. I wouldn't recommend becoming an adult to any of you out there considering it. I feel the chilly breeze of hell freezing over.

Comments

Popular Posts