I Made It

I survived yet another birthday even after a close call with a propane heater in a beer garden. Okay, it wasn't really a close call, but considering I always fear for my life on my birthday, I wasn't taking any chances. As they click, click, clicked and the darn heater just wouldn't light, I backed away slowly.

I really needed the few drinks I had on my birthday. It had been a long day and a long week leading up to that moment. I had rehearsals Monday and Tuesday and full, full, full days of work to boot in preparation for seminars on Wednesday and another event this weekend.

After a long, but boring seminar day and a long evening tonight trying to dig out from under the avalanche of papers in my office, I almost feel ready for Friday. I'm sitting on about six political orders that I'm still missing various pieces for, as if Friday's weren't crazy enough. I'm going to feel like I'm drowning in forms and last minute politicalness and I wanted to get as much off my desk as possible before it hits.

I made a lot of progress, but tomorrow is still going to be a long day. And it's once again the longest week ever. How is it that each week is longer than the previous one? I suppose I should catch a quick cat nap before then.

Comments

Popular Posts