I tried this about a week ago and was instantly in love. But the crust needed a little something. And I determined that something was garlic. What can't be improved with more garlic? So tonight's rendition with garlic was oh so right. This is enough to serve two, but I have to put away the leftovers right away or I'd eat the whole thing.
2 1/2 Tbsp flax meal
3/4 tsp oil
3/4C almond flour
5 1/4 tsp tapioca flour
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 Tbsp olive oil
3 chicken tenderloins, cubed
salt & pepper
1/2C Franks brand hot sauce
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp arrowroot
1/2C mozzarella, shredded
1-2 stalks celery, diced
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Heat water in the microwave for 40 seconds or until hot.
3. Add flax meal and oil to hot water and set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, tapioca flour, garlic powder, baking powder, and salt.
5. Add flax meal mixture to flour mixture and stir until dough forms a ball.
6. Roll out dough between two sheets of parchment paper to about 1/8" thickness. Discard top sheet of parchment, but leave dough on parchment on baking sheet and bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden on the edges.
7. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook chicken until golden and no traces of pink remains. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside once cooked.
8. Meanwhile, heat half the hot sauce in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Add garlic.
9. In a separate bowl whisk together the other half of the hot sauce with the arrowroot until combined.
10. Slowly stir in arrowroot mixture into the heated sauce. Bring to boil and then remove from heat and set aside.
11. When crust is done, top with hot sauce, then chicken, then mozzarella cheese. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
12. Top finished pizza with diced celery and a drizzle of ranch dressing.
Can I go back for the leftovers yet?