Mediterranean Chicken Bake

Before Christmas I had picked up a jar of artichoke hearts with dreams of whipping up a spinach artichoke dip. Well, that didn't happen. And while perusing Pinterest, I was inspired to use those artichokes for dinner.

It was pretty tasty. In the future I think I would add a tablespoon of arrowroot to thicken it up a little. But flavors were spot on tasty. I'm going to share the recipe because I feel like I haven't shared many lately. I've been trying new things from Pinterest and I always have to pair them down and I usually make substitutions. I just haven't been writing them down. I vow to get better and share more. I just love a good idea for dinner.



2 roma tomatoes, deseeded and diced
6.5 oz jar artichoke hearts, quartered (I rinsed them)
2 Tbsp kalmata olives, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp freeze dried basil
1/2C tomato basil sauce--no sugar!
salt & pepper to taste
1 chicken breast (I cubed mine, but may try it whole next time)

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2. In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, artichoke hearts, kalmata olives, garlic, olive oil, basil, and tomato sauce.

3. Salt and pepper to taste.

4. Mix in chicken and pour mixture into an individual baker (alternately I would put the chicken breast in a baker and top with sauce).

5. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes.

6. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts