2 servings or 4 appetizer servings
1/2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic
1C low sodium chicken broth (gluten free)
14oz can diced tomatoes, no salt
7oz roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
1/4 tsp red curry paste
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in stock pot over medium high heat. Saute garlic for about a minute.
2. Add broth, tomatoes, red peppers, curry paste, oregano, basil, and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
5. Puree with immersion blender.
I enjoyed my soup for lunch with a grilled cheese sandwich. I'm in love with this bread recipe. I mixed it together and within five minutes my bread was cooling on the counter. I cut off the crown and then cut it in half horizontally. A little ghee and garlic on the outside gives that perfect grilled cheese crust I'm looking for. Today I was inspired by a cooking show to include a little cream cheese along with shredded cheddar and shredded swiss on the inside.
It was really rich and greasy and I almost feel like I might be ready to give up the search for the perfect grilled cheese substitute. I'm not sure my body wants me to eat it anymore. But it was the perfect dunker for this thick Sweet Red Pepper Soup, which is all good. My body says, yum!